Kurdistan Save the Children with the aim of filling the gap in children’s healthcare services, funds the surgeries and medical needs of children locally and internationally in accordance to the organization’s capacity and the needs of the child.
KSC’s Health Program conducted numerous activities in June of 2018, including:
* Funding surgeries for 12 children in which 4 were funded through KSC’s donation boxes:
– Funding heart surgeries for 5 children in Israel and Kurdistan.
– Funding cleft lip and palate surgeries for 5 children in Sulaimani/Kurdistan.
– Funding a blood disease surgery for 1 child in India.
-Funding an eye surgery for 1 child in Erbil/Kurdistan.
* Providing prescribed medicine for 7 children in which 4 were funded through KSC’s donation boxes and 2 children were of refugee families residing in Kurdistan.
* Conducting medical examinations by KSC’s physician for 57 children in which 1 child was of a refugee family residing in Kurdistan to provide treatment later on.
* Filling out new health forms for 43 children with medical issues in (Duhok, Sulaimani, Bazian, Chamchamal, Takia, Barika, Bainjan, Halabja, Kalar, Kifri and Arbat)