Thousands of helpless diseased children are in need of healthcare services and treatment in the Kurdistan Region and the local government cannot provide care for all these cases alone, therefore it is essential that local NGOs like KSC fill the expanding gap of services. Our aim is to provide all children with equal access to healthcare and demonstrate positive healthcare values through community based approaches to raise social awareness.
Within the framework of the health program, the following activities were conducted in March:
- New health forms were filled out for 46 children and medical procedures were performed for 12 children locally and internationally. (Heart surgery for 2 children in Duhok, 1 child in Erbil and 6 children in India. Ocular surgery for 3 children in Sulaimani.)
- On the 1st of March 2017, the dental health awareness campaign continued to spread awareness throughout Erbil schools, with the assistance of the College of Dentistry at Ishik University, Dr. Saya Hadi (pediatric dentist) and 7 volunteers. 146 children at Aswda Primary School Benefited from the campaign.
- On the 2nd and 3rd of March 2017, KSC participated in the 16th Japanese Medical Network conference in Iraq (JIM NET). The conference was conducted in Erbil.
- The provision of medical and learning supplies on the 9th of March 2017 for the Autism Center in Erbil.
- Conducting a forum for two young women about the negative effects of psychological diseases on the body.
- Conducting a forum with IDEA Organization about Autism on the 14th of March 2017 for Dr. Jaefar Omer. 17 parents of autism children attended the forum at the Youth Activity Center-Darbandixan hall.
- Conducting a seminar about the importance of clean hygiene and nutrition on the 15th of March 2017 for the cancer-stricken children at Nanakaly Hospital in Erbil. The seminar was presented by Dr. Mina Abdulhakim and Dr. Naz Maruf and 16 children and their parents participated in the seminar.
- The provision of Kurdish clothing to 20 cancer-stricken children at Nanakaly Hospital-Erbil on the 20th of March 2017.