Providing youth with learning and creative opportunities equally without discrimination between genders, race, political or religious affiliations to further develop their education and abilities is essential in building a better community and preventing an economic and socially unstable environment in the future.
Conducting vocational and learning courses such as our hairdressing and music courses for youth are the first steps in achieving these goals.
Kurdistan Save the Children’s Youth Ability Development Program with the aim of providing these opportunities:
- On the 28th of February 2017, a theoretical and practical hairdressing course ended at the Youth Activity Center Kirkuk in which 20 youth participated and received certificates.
- On the 1st of March 2017 the Youth Activity Center- Kirkuk opened a music course for 10 youth to learn and practice different musical instruments daily.
- On the 10th of March 2017 conducted a chess championship for (Sherwana, Sarchinar, Shahedani sharazoor, Dyala, Rizgare, and Kifre) clubs Youth Activity Center-Kalar hall. The chess games were conducted by a Swiss system.
- On the 14th of March 2017 conducted a poem forum at the Youth Activity Center- Ranya for Ms. Azhin Ismail and Mr. Hidayat Omer also took part in the forum by playing his guitar.
- On the 16th of March 2017 the Youth Activity Center- Halabja participated in the Halabja Genocide Memorial with a number of musical activities.
Kurdistan Save the Children’s Youth Ability Development Program manages 9 Youth Activity Centers in the Kurdistan Region including (Sulaimani, Kirkuk, Halabja, Darbandixan, Kalar, Xanaqin, Shoresh, Ranya, and Koya).
The Youth Activity Centers are public places for all youth to use as a place for meetings, conducting social, cultural and sport activities, and conducting diverse courses.